Your Sunday Morning Guy, Pietro DiSante is a 2010 graduate of Shepherd University. He majored in Communications and New Media, plus hosted a show at the college's radio station. He joined Prettyman Broadcasting in 2010 and has been having fun ever since. He loves all kinds of music, movies and sports. He loves talking about them too, as you hear when he is DJing on 97.5 WLTF. If you would like to contact Pietro, you can email him at Pete@wltffm.com.
Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies of 2012
by Pietro DiSante,posted Jan 22 2012 8:12AM
2012 should be a fantastic year for movies. As a guy who loves them (I talk about them every week on-air) I am very excited for the slate of movies we have coming out this year. I thought I would make a Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies List for you guys. Just in case you didn't know these films were coming out.
5. Men In Black III (May 25th): It has been a while since we have seen Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones wearing their black. This time Will Smith has to go back in time to try to find his partner and the villain is played by funny Flight of the Conchords singer, Jermaine Clement. This should be a fun popcorn movie.
4. The Amazing Spider-Man (July 3rd): I guess I was not the only one who thought that Spider-Man 3 was a really bad movie. As Marvel decided to scrap that franchise featuring Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi and start fresh with Andrew Garfield and Marc Webb. 2011 "It Girl" Emma Stone will play Peter Parker's love interest, Gwen Stacey, too. I worry that doing a Spider-Man origin story just 10 years after the last Spider-Man origin story movie could feel odd, but hopefully it is done in a fresh way.
3. The Avengers (May 4th): This is what we have all been waiting for right? Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, all these movies led up to this one, which puts all the Marvel heroes together. I wonder how they will all work on screen together, but it will be an action-filled thrill ride for sure.
2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (December 14th): Hard to believe that a movie I have been waiting for since 2003 is not #1 on the list, but it is very close. Maybe a 1A/1B scenario. The Prequel to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy has been split up into 2 parts, coming out in December 2012 and December 2013. Part One will introduce you to Bilbo Baggins, all of the dwarves, Gandalf and Gollum. I am really curious to see all of the stuff that director Peter Jackson added to the movies that are not in the book, since the book is so short yet there are going to be 2 movies. Hopefully that whole "end of the world" thing doesn't happen so we can see Part 2 (The Hobbit: There and Back Again) in 2013.
1. The Dark Knight Rises (July 20th) : This is it. The end of the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy. We have seen Batman take on Rhas Al Ghul and The League of Shadows, Scarecrow, Two-Face and of course the Oscar winning performance from Heath Ledger as The Joker, so as fans we have been spoiled. This time Batman is up against Bane (played by Tom Hardy) and Catwoman (played by Anne Hathaway) and I am pretty sure some more surprises. The Dark Knight was such a huge hit, that there is no doubt that this is the most anticipated movie of 2012, but the question is can it match the hype? I am going to say yes.
Other movies to look forward to this year: The Hunger Games (March 23rd), Snow White and the Huntsman (June 1st), Brave (June 22nd), The Expendables 2 (August 17th), Plus plenty more!