Hi, I'm Rona...and I'm pretty random. I blurt out things that come to mind. Sometimes funny, sometimes serious. Tune in to find out what I mean. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
(bio or interesting statement coming soon!)
Stuff for Friday
by Rona Rona,posted Mar 30 2012 7:21AM
What has your pup eaten?
I had a friend that once told me her dog really liked eating toilet paper so they always had to keep the bathroom door shut when they weren't home. Embrace Pet Insurance company named the top 5 pet insurance claims. Wow...a bra strap...really?
Dogs Eat The Darndest Things
Eating without limits causes some crazy claims from Embrace Pet Insurance. Embrace picked the top 5 strangest things pets have eaten and the cost from over a thousand accident claims received annually - the costs for pet ingestion claims range from the lowest being $32 and the highest being $3,000. Isabella, a Golden Retriever who became sick with THC intoxication, the active ingredient in marijuana, was among the most expensive claims on the list. The top 5 craziest things pets ingested and how expensive each were:
Razor from Stomach
Ingestion of Marbles
Bernese Mountain Dog
Soft Toy Ingestion
Russian Blue cat
Ingested portion of bra strap
AprilFool'sday is Sunday-
Do any of you guys ever pull pranks on your family and friends? I'm not good at it. I can't keep a straight face or my facts straight on stuff like that.
Here are some pretty big pranks that were played over the years. Do you remember any of them?
Top April Fools’ Day Jokes Of All Time
If you can’t make it to the famed Museum of Hoaxes in San Diego, curator Alex Boese has compiled the Top 100 April Fools’ Day pranks of all time at www.museumofhoaxes.com. The top 5:
1. The Swiss Spaghetti Harvest: In 1957, the BBC reported that Swiss farmers were going great guns with their spaghetti crop, thanks to a warm winter and the eradication of the spaghetti weevil.
2. Sidd Finch: Sports Illustrated ran an April 1985 story about baseball rookie Sidd Finch, who could throw a 168 mph pitch, studied in a Tibetan monastery and was going to play for the Mets. It was all made up by George Plimpton.
3. Instant Color TV: A technician for Sweden’s only TV station, which broadcast in black and white at the time, appeared on the news in 1962 and reported that slipping a nylon stocking over the screen would convert the set to color. Ironically, according to Boese, color TV transmission began in Sweden – on April 1, 1970.
4. The Taco Liberty Bell: In 1996, Taco Bell took out full-page newspaper ads saying the company, in an effort to help reduce the national debt, bought the Liberty Bell and renamed it the Taco Liberty Bell. White House press secretary Mike McCurry jokingly told reporters that the federal government would also be “selling the Lincoln Memorial to Ford Motor Co. and renaming it the Lincoln-Mercury Memorial.”
5. San Serriffe: England’s Guardian newspaper ran a supplement in 1977 about a republic of “semicolon-shaped” islands in the Indian Ocean. The larger isle was named Upper Caise, the smaller, Lower Caise. San Serriffe was ruled by General Pica and its capital was Bodoni.
Summer movies are getting on a roll now! Two weeks ago we had Iron Man 3, last week The Great Gatsby debuted with success and now this week we have Star Trek Into Darkness! I saw it on Friday and I must say: BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR so far! The 2009 reboot...
The Summer movie season is finally here, thanks to Robert Downey Jr. and Iron Man 3! This of course, is the third Iron Man movie, but is actually just as much a sequel to last year's blockbuster: The Avengers. If any of the Avengers (Captain America,...
Okay, normally I see movies right when they come out, but I waited a little while to see Oz: The Great and Powerful. I finally saw it and I loved everything about it! Great visuals, great 3D, great story, great cast, tons of family fun and magic! I am...
Christian Lopez is a friend of the West Virginia Morning Show and have stopped by to chat about AI (well, as much as he's allowed to say) and he played his new original song "As Far As I May Go". Gooood stuff. Check it out.