6:15- Oscars Recap:12 YEARS A SLAVE WINS OSCAR FOR BEST PICTURE
In what some people felt was one of the closest Oscar competitions in years, the 86th Annual Academy Awards were pretty predictable. As expected, Best Picture went to 12 Years A Slave, which also won for Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress for Lupita Nyong’o.Matthew McConaughey continued his award season winning streak, taking home Best Actor forDallas Buyers Club, as did Cate Blanchett, who won Best Actress for Blue Jasmine and Jared Leto, who nabbed Best Supporting Actor for Dallas Buyers Club. Other winners included: Frozen,Best Animated Feature; Alfonso Cuaron, Best Director for Gravity and Spike Jonze, Best Original Screenplay for Her.
6:45- CONSUMER REPORTS RANKS YEAR’S BEST CARS (big dawg 2-28-14)
Start your engines! Consumer Reports has named their top car picks for 2014. The expensive yet efficient Tesla Model S electric sedan came in first overall. Other category winners include…
Best small car: Subaru Impreza
Best midsize car: Honda Accord
Best small SUV: Subaru Forester
Best large SUV: Hyundai Santa Fe
Best minivan: Honda Odyssey
Best pickup truck: Chrysler Ram 1500
Best luxury sedan: Audi A6
Best sports sedan: BMW 328
Best green vehicle: Toyota Prius hybrid
7:15--I have waaaaay too much time on my hands but I started noticing all the stock fotography pics I see. There was one a few years ago that had to do with salad that had a lot of women, looking at their salads and laughing. It made me think that there are a ton of cliches with that kind of thing. For instance: Salad IS Hilarious! http://www.nerdnirvana.org/2011/01/25/salad-is-hilarious/
1. Multicultural team of close talkers --in the workplace
2. Headset hottie (attractive woman w/headset meant to make you think of a call center or Julie your time life operater)
3. Techno yogi (woman doing yoga at her laptop)
4. The Hurdler --Can you help people overcome their biggest hurdles or obstacles? Why not show them with this stock photo of a businessman jumping over an actual hurdle?
5. The Frustrated-at-Technology Guy--Do you want to remind your customers about the pitfalls of your competitor's products? Do so with an image of a frustrated man, woman, or child (you can take your pick; you have plenty of options in stock-photo land!).
6. The Eureka Moment Use this photo when you want to convey how truly life-changing your product is.
7. The AARP Couple Is your target audience over 50? Be sure to feature a couple of silver foxes on your site to make Boomers feel at home there!
8. The Whiteboard Thinker--I've never seen someone write on a clear glass whiteboard in real life, but I've seen it hundreds of times on the Internet (including on our own site... no one said we were innocent!). Use this photo whenever you need to showcase strategic thinking!
8:15- Bruce Springsteen covers Lorde Royals in concert. Cool!