Hi, I'm Rona...and I'm pretty random. I blurt out things that come to mind. Sometimes funny, sometimes serious. Tune in to find out what I mean. Drop me a line at email@example.com!
Sesame Street fun facts, what's in your handbag?, New video game you're gonna lo
by Rona and Hans,posted Oct 10 2012 6:23AM
Welcome to the mid-week hump y'all!
Sesame Street has just launched their 43rd Season! WOW! Here are some fun facts from Mental Floss.
Sesame Street’ Facts
“Sesame Street” has kicked off its 43rd season. In honor of that, Mental Floss magazine has offered some amazing “Sesame Street” facts you may not have known or forgotten:
1. Oscar the Grouch used to be orange. Jim Henson decided to make him green before season two.
2. During a 2004 episode, Cookie Monster said that before he started eating cookies, his name was Sid.
3. In 1980, C-3PO and R2-D2 visited Sesame Street. They played games, sang songs, and R2-D2 fell in love with a fire hydrant.
4. Mr. Snuffleupagus has a first name – Aloysius
5. Ralph Nader stopped by in 1988 and sang “a consumer advocate is a person in your neighborhood.”
6. Caroll Spinney said he based Oscar’s voice on a cab driver from the Bronx who brought him to the audition.
7. One of Count von Count’s lady friends is Countess von Backwards, who’s also obsessed with counting but likes to do it backwards.
8. Before Giancarlo Esposito was “Breaking Bad’s” super intense Gus Fring, he played Big Bird’s camp counselor Mickey in 1982.
9, How big is Big Bird? 8-foot, 2-inches!
10. “Sesame Street’s” resident game show host Guy Smiley was using a pseudonym. His real name was Bernie Liederkrantz.
11. According to Sesame Workshop, Elmo is the only non-human to testify before Congress. He lobbied for more funding for music education, so that “when Elmo goes to school, there will be the instruments to play.”
12. According to Sesame Workshop, all “Sesame Street’s” main Muppets have four fingers except Cookie Monster, who has five.
D'oh! During the show my phone rang and Hans had to grab my purse. Then he decided to give me grief about how heavy it is. I'm a girl, I need a giant sized handbag to carry my 'thangs'. It's very common for us gals to have an armload of all kinds of things when we carry our purses. Hans likened it to Mary Poppins. He said we have a full
For guys: Here's what new study said about women and their purses...
A new survey reveals the ten most common items found in a woman's handbag. Interestingly, 82 percent believe that the contents of a woman's purse says a lot about her personality and 42 percent say that going through a woman's purse is as intrusive as reading her e-mails or text messages.
Top 10 purse essentials
1. Money/cards (72%)
2. Painkillers (58%)
3. Makeup bag (54%)
4. Sunglasses (40%)
5. Feminine products (38%)
6. Diary/address book (33%)
7. iPod/mp3 player (20%)
8. Chocolate (10%)
9. Toilet roll (8%)
10. Underwear (4%)
There's a new game in town...based on an old 80's TV show; Perfect Strangers!
It took more than a quarter-century, but someone finally turned the 1980s sitcom “Perfect Strangers” into a video game. The game is charming, nostalgic bliss set to the program’s theme song. In it, you'll control Balki Bartokomous as he tries to collect enough stars to help you achieve your dream. Failure results in a poorly pronounced version of said dream – and we won't spoil what happens if you collect all the stars! Here's the link for the game. http://nothingsgonnastopmenow.com.