Earlier this week, there was rumor that spread like wildfire that singer/actress Cher is dead! Well that turned out to be false, and it appears that internet and Twitter death rumors are becoming more and more frequent. In 2011 there were 10 big ones(trust me there were more)that had us fearing the worse for some celebs.
The Top 10 Included
1. Hugh Hefner - the 85 year old Playboy mogul is still alive and kicking despite rumors of his death.
2. Jackie Chan - After seeing a FaceBook page dedicated to his memorial, 85,000 people found out Jackie was still among us.
3. Lil Wayne - People he said he was thinking retirement, not the ultimate retirement.
4. Scott Baio - Sorry, but Charles is still in Charge.
5. David Beckham - The truth is folks, that MLS is dying and David was just signed to a new deal to try and save the league.
6. Charlie Sheen - This one I can almost believe myself, but alas, it was his acting career that was buried.
7. Will Smith - Still here and still married to Jada Pinkett-Smith.
8. Wesley Snipes - Now did you really think "Blade" can be killed with a simple shank? Wesley is still alive...and still locked up.
9. Lady Gaga - Maybe not dead, but we should be on the watch! She has said she feels she will pass the same way as Princess Diana!
10. Jon Bon Jovi - He's not just "Living On a Prayer" he's actually just alive.
Now here we are in 2012 and the first internet death has hit us, and odds are it will not be the last. There are a few things to remember before you beging Twittering and Facebooking rumors; 1-make sure the source is correct, 2-DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR ON THE INTERNET, and finally lets all be greatful that there was no internet for the Paul McCartney death hoax.