This one is pretty yummy and very adaptable. I found this recipe online some time ago and it called for peas.... thing is... I hate peas, so I swapped in broccoli instead!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Noodles
Makes: 4 servings
Oven: 450°F 5 mins
Start to Finish: 30 mins
6 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 package frozen broccoli
4 cloves garlic, minced or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1 3/4 cups whole milk or light cream
1/2 slice white or wheat bread, or coarse breadcrumbs
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In Dutch oven bring 6 cups salted water to boiling; add noodles. Cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
2. Cook chicken thoroughly, then shred. Prepare frozen broccoli to package directions.
3. In saucepan combine chicken, garlic, and whole milk; heat through. Cover and keep warm.
4. In blender or food processor, process bread into coarse crumbs. Transfer to small bowl; add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
5. Stir noodles and remaining Parmesan into hot chicken mixture. Heat and stir until bubbly. Divide among 4 individual casserole dishes. Top each with some of the bread crumb mixture. Bake 5 minutes or until top begins to brown. Top with fresh thyme.