Your Sunday Morning Guy, Pietro DiSante is a 2010 graduate of Shepherd University. He majored in Communications and New Media, plus hosted a show at the college's radio station. He joined Prettyman Broadcasting in 2010 and has been having fun ever since. He loves all kinds of music, movies and sports. He loves talking about them too, as you hear when he is DJing on 97.5 WLTF. If you would like to contact Pietro, you can email him at Pete@wltffm.com.
Your Sunday Morning DJ had a late Saturday night last night in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. What was I doing? Going to the Kelly Clarkson concert of course! What else would a DJ do in his spare time? Anyway, the show was fantastic!
Kelly's opening act was Matt Nathanson, who has a few hits like "Come on Get Higher" and "Faster", which we play on Lite 97.5. I had not heard most of his music before the show, but he did a very good job. He is a funny guy too and I got to speak with him after the show. He seemed very down to Earth. Many people in the audience were not familiar with his music, but he was able to win them over pretty quickly. He has a show today in Baltimore at Ram's Head Live if anyone is interested.
Now, back to Kelly. Great show of course. I had been to a couple of her concerts before and enjoyed them. She started the show with a song off of her new album Stronger called "Dark Side". The crowd was immediately into it and continued that way through out the night. She sang many of her classic hits including: "Breakaway", "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Since You've Been Gone" and songs off her new album Stronger including: "Mr. Know It All" and her current #1 single on iTunes "Stronger" (What Doesn't Kill You). She has a powerful voice and a great stage presence. The coolest thing about Kelly is that Hollywood has not changed her. She is still the same person I watched on American Idol 10 years ago. Hopefully she will return to this area with a summer tour.
She made a stop in little Johnstown, PA in between singing at sold out Radio City Music Hall last week and singing the National Anthem at Super Bowl XLVI next Sunday in Indianapolis. The first American Idol is still a busy girl these days and after watching her perform last night, i'd say the sky's the limit for her.
2012 should be a fantastic year for movies. As a guy who loves them (I talk about them every week on-air) I am very excited for the slate of movies we have coming out this year. I thought I would make a Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies List for you guys. Just in case you didn't know these films were coming out.
5. Men In Black III (May 25th): It has been a while since we have seen Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones wearing their black. This time Will Smith has to go back in time to try to find his partner and the villain is played by funny Flight of the Conchords singer, Jermaine Clement. This should be a fun popcorn movie.
4. The Amazing Spider-Man (July 3rd): I guess I was not the only one who thought that Spider-Man 3 was a really bad movie. As Marvel decided to scrap that franchise featuring Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi and start fresh with Andrew Garfield and Marc Webb. 2011 "It Girl" Emma Stone will play Peter Parker's love interest, Gwen Stacey, too. I worry that doing a Spider-Man origin story just 10 years after the last Spider-Man origin story movie could feel odd, but hopefully it is done in a fresh way.
3. The Avengers (May 4th): This is what we have all been waiting for right? Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, all these movies led up to this one, which puts all the Marvel heroes together. I wonder how they will all work on screen together, but it will be an action-filled thrill ride for sure.
2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (December 14th): Hard to believe that a movie I have been waiting for since 2003 is not #1 on the list, but it is very close. Maybe a 1A/1B scenario. The Prequel to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy has been split up into 2 parts, coming out in December 2012 and December 2013. Part One will introduce you to Bilbo Baggins, all of the dwarves, Gandalf and Gollum. I am really curious to see all of the stuff that director Peter Jackson added to the movies that are not in the book, since the book is so short yet there are going to be 2 movies. Hopefully that whole "end of the world" thing doesn't happen so we can see Part 2 (The Hobbit: There and Back Again) in 2013.
1. The Dark Knight Rises (July 20th) : This is it. The end of the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy. We have seen Batman take on Rhas Al Ghul and The League of Shadows, Scarecrow, Two-Face and of course the Oscar winning performance from Heath Ledger as The Joker, so as fans we have been spoiled. This time Batman is up against Bane (played by Tom Hardy) and Catwoman (played by Anne Hathaway) and I am pretty sure some more surprises. The Dark Knight was such a huge hit, that there is no doubt that this is the most anticipated movie of 2012, but the question is can it match the hype? I am going to say yes.
Other movies to look forward to this year: The Hunger Games (March 23rd), Snow White and the Huntsman (June 1st), Brave (June 22nd), The Expendables 2 (August 17th), Plus plenty more!
The 2012 Golden Globes are tonight on NBC! For the 3rd straight year, Ricky Gervais will be hosting. I find him hilarious, but he does say some pretty rude things. Thats what makes him who he is though. I thought I would make some predictions for tonight's show. One of my best qualities is that I can predict how Hollywood thinks. (Just kidding).
Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominations include: The Descendants, The Help, Hugo, The Ides of March, Moneyball and War Horse. I loved Moneyball, and if I had my choice it would be that, but I am going to predict The Descendants wins.
Best Motion Picture (Comedy) nominations include: 50/50, The Artist, Bridesmaids, Midnight in Paris and My Week with Marilyn. 50/50 would be my choice here, great film, but I predict that The Artist wins it.
Best Television Series (Drama) nominations include: American Horror Story, Boardwalk Empire, Boss, Game of Thrones and Homeland. For this category, I will go with the show I want to win to actually win and predict Game of Thrones. Great show.
Best Television Series (Comedy) nominations include: Enlightened, Episodes, Glee, Modern Family and New Girl. Modern Family is probably one of the best shows on tv right now and in recent years overall, so I will predict that it wins. Too good!
Okay, there are too many categories for this show, so I will just stick to those 4 main ones. Should be a fun event tonight! If you are betting on the awards, don't go with my predictions. Haha!
About Me: I graduated from Shepherd University, majoring in Communications and New Media. I was an intern at Prettyman Broadcasting before being hired in 2010 and now work on all 3 stations for them, including Sports Radio 1340 WEPM,
Oldies 95.9 and of course Lite 97.5
Things I like: Listening to Continuous Lite Favorites, Sports (including my favorite team, the New York Jets), watching movies (I can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises), tv shows (mostly comedies), making people smile, fans coming up to me and saying they love listening to me. (Well, if it happened, I would like it.) And of course, the #1 thing I like: JOHN TESH.
My Favorite Music: I love all kinds of music, but my favorite band is still Savage Garden. Best concert I have ever been to has to be seeing them at Radio City Music Hall back in the year 2000.
Others include: Coldplay, Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson, Adele, Bon Jovi, Matchbox 20, and U2.
Favorite Part About Working at Lite 97.5: OUR STAFF! You guys already know how great Marc and Rona are!
Greg and Danielle too. But our Sunday line-up? Unbeatable! Starts with me, then John Tesh, then the coolest guy I know: Jack Thomas. The guy is hilarious, but if you listen to him, you already know that. He taught me everything I know. Which I think is a good thing. Right? And of course the day ends with Delilah. Can't beat that.
Have any questions for me? Just ask!Thanks for listening!